Kalanchoe tomentosa 'Panda Plant'
As the industry leader in online plants, we offer a quality guarantee covering the health of our plants 100% upon delivery, providing you the ultimate peace of mind while purchasing plants online. If your plants arrive damaged or unhealthy please contact us right away with pictures of what you've received, so that we can find a solution for you!
We offer same day shipping for orders recieved before 10 am PST Monday- Friday. We ship via UPS, FedEx, or USPS. Please be sure the shipping address provided is correct at checkout, as we do not refund for undeliverable addresses.
Returns & Refunds
We do not for any reason accept returns. As these are live plants, they simply cannot handle being in transit more then once. For this reason, all sales are final.
In the instance that a plant is damaged in transit or impacted by severe weather, please reach out to our customer service and provide photos. Our support team will we glad to issue a refund or replacement in these instances.
The Panda Plant (Kalanchoe tomentosa) is a distinctive and popular succulent known for its charming appearance and fuzzy, panda-like leaves. This unique succulent variety features small, oval-shaped leaves covered in fine, silvery-white hairs, creating a soft and velvety texture that resembles the fur of a panda. The Panda Plant's leaves are edged in dark brown or rust-colored spots, enhancing its visual appeal. This succulent is highly favored among plant enthusiasts and collectors, and it's a delightful addition to both indoor and outdoor succulent gardens. Recognized for its ease of care and drought tolerance, the Panda Plant is an excellent choice for infusing natural charm and a touch of whimsy into your living spaces or garden. Whether you're an experienced gardener or a novice, the Panda Plant is a versatile and endearing choice to bring a bit of the wild into your plant collection.
Type: Plastic Nursery Pot
Size: Small :: 2 Inch Diameter
Size: Medium :: 4 Inch Diameter
Size: Large :: 6 Inch Diameter
- Provide your Panda Plant with bright, indirect sunlight. It thrives in well-lit conditions.
- Indoors, place it near a sunny window with filtered light, preferably a south or west-facing one.
- Outdoors, ensure it receives sunlight for at least 4-6 hours a day.
- Maintain a warm indoor environment with temperatures between 60-75°F (15-24°C).
- Protect the plant from cold drafts and temperature fluctuations.
- Allow the top inch or two of the soil to dry out between waterings. Water thoroughly but less frequently.
- During the growing season (spring and summer), increase watering slightly, but always ensure the soil dries out between waterings.
- Avoid overwatering, as succulents are susceptible to root rot.
- Use well-draining succulent or cactus potting mix to ensure proper drainage and prevent waterlogged soil. A mix of potting soil, perlite, and sand works well.
- Ensure the pot has drainage holes to prevent water accumulation at the root level. Panda Plants prefer slightly crowded conditions and don't require frequent repotting.
- Feed your plant with a balanced, water-soluble succulent fertilizer diluted to half strength every 4-6 weeks during the growing season (spring and summer).
- Reduce or eliminate fertilization in the dormant season (fall and winter).
- Panda Plants are relatively pest-resistant. However, keep an eye out for common succulent pests like mealybugs or aphids, and treat any infestations promptly with insecticidal soap or neem oil.